Posted May 14
East Coast Catalyst
About the role
Location: Boston, MA or US Remote (EST/CST time zones)
Contract position 20-40 hrs a week (negotiable) with the possibility to grow into a permanent full-time position
East Coast Catalyst (ECC) is seeking a WordPress/Drupal Developer to join our incredible team! If you are a talented and motivated developer focused on open source technologies with broad interests in the technology space, this is the position for you.
- All aspects of web development; from creating new websites from scratch to improvement, maintenance and bug-fixing of existing sites.
- Work closely with our team of designers, developers, digital marketers, strategists, and project managers.
- Install, customize and maintain WordPress and Drupal CMS platforms along with plug-ins/modules and 3rd-party applications.
- Act as liaison with development partners and contractors including small agencies, freelancers and consultants.
- Work with tech leads to create workflows and processes to cross-develop with partners and contractors
- Assume technical lead role on overseeing East Coast Catalyst’s modular Flex Component Systems for WordPress and Drupal
- Assist with estimates and scoping for technical portions of projects
- Expertise in WordPress and Drupal (other CMS platforms a plus)
- Ability to work within custom theme and plugin development (no theme builders), Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), Gutenberg & Paragraphs
- Full expertise in PHP and ability to work with other server-side languages
- Moderate database experience
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as React, AngularJS, and/or Vue
- Ability to communicate requirements and technical specifications
- Strong grasp of media queries and responsive design
- Understanding of web architecture, including HTTPS servers, DNS routing and management, SSH, databases (SQL), and misc. hosting platforms
- Familiarity with version control systems and deployment procedures
Nice to have
- Implementation knowledge of Google Tag Manager & Google Analytics
- Familiarity with implementing Marketing Automation/martech tools commonly used for marketing websites and landing pages (Marketo, Hubspot, Pardot, Crazy Egg, Optimizely, etc.)
- Familiarity with SEO and development best practices for optimized sites
- Ability to work with build scripts (Gulp, Webpack)
- eCommerce tools such as WooCommerce, Magento and Shopify
- Experience in following Web Standards and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Experience understanding and implementing third party APIs
- Ability to create APIs
- Working knowledge of Adobe XD, Sketch & Figma for handoffs from design and UX teams
- Previous experience working professionally as a freelance developer or part of a development team at a small to midsize agency (3 years minimum)
- Alignment with ECC’s culture of top-notch client service
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical associates, partners and clients
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage tasks and priorities within project deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
East Coast Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply for this role