Posted Feb 8
Virtual Assistant (Project Management, Tech Support)
About the role
Do you live and breathe systems, organization, and assisting others?
Do you want to join a team of heart centric A-Players who are working on growing a leading online academy within the crystal community? If you are organized (to a fault), self-motivated, insanely efficient, and can meet a deadline without batting an eyelash, this may be the best day of your life.
Hibiscus Moon is looking for an efficient, proactive, and tech-savvy Virtual Assistant to add to our growing team as an independent contractor for up to 60 hours per month with the flexibility to work additional hours during peak times of the year and desire to grow with the business. The perfect candidate will be willing to operate under different company hats, have a wide range of experience, be organized (almost to a fault), and have a willingness to be trained on new software.
The Virtual Assistant will support our Project Manager with monitoring project progress, following up with stakeholders on the completion or delay of project phases, scheduling meetings, and maintaining project documents and reports. The VA will also work closely with IT and be responsible for compiling monthly metrics, providing tech support to students, carrying out tasks within our membership site, shopping cart, Wordpress site, and CRM, and assisting team members when needed. We are looking for someone with impeccable attention to detail, outstanding communication skills, and a quick learner who will be able to dive into the tech side of the business.
Hibiscus Moon is on a mission to instill confidence in the crystal community by teaching the science behind how and why crystals work. We have students in 49 countries with over 2200 graduates from our online academy. With a robust curriculum and programs that dive deep into the science behind the healing powers of crystals, we support and engage with our large community across various market channels, continually growing to provide an inclusive, fun, and knowledgeable platform.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Acting as assistant to our Project Manager
- Creating and tracking tasks using TeamWork, ensuring team has all of the required information to complete their duties and tasks are done by the due date
- Managing SOPs, ensuring they are updated regularly and ongoing team activity is documented properly
- Resolves minor website bugs
- Supports web developer in managing integration between platforms
- Resolves customer tech issues
- Manages student portal platform (course setup, serves as relationship manager)
- General team support, including day-to-day IT maintenance (creating pages and setting up popups on our Wordpress site; assisting with WooCommerce; assisting with all things Zoom-related)
- Administrative duties such as reporting, scheduling, meeting organization, and research
Specifically, in the first 30-days, you’ll:
- Work closely with the PM to learn our business processes, systems, and projects
- Create tasks for the team using TeamWork
- Monitor task progression and check in with team members on their progress
- Train in our backend systems, including our CRM, website, and student portal
- Pull metrics using Google Analytics and Wordpress/WooCommerce
- Manage our tech support inbox and assist users with tech issues
In the first 60-days, you’ll:
- Field questions from the team while operating under the guidance of our Project Manager
- Manage task progression, ensuring deadlines are being met, and bringing in the Project Manager when roadblocks occur
- Field CRM open tickets and close them out accordingly
- Manage our student portal by creating new classes and providing or revoking student access
- Own website-related tasks, such as creating new pages, setting up pop-ups, etc
- Provide Zoom-support and act as co-pilot during live Zoom events
In the first 90-days, you’ll:
- Fully support our Project Manager in daily PMing duties, owning specific task lists and managing project progression
- Manage SOPs, ensuring they are updated regularly and ongoing team activity is documented properly
- Resolve minor website bugs
- Support web developer in managing integration between platforms
Who You’ll Be Working With:
- You will report to our Project Manager
- You will be working closely with IT to assist in their daily tasks
What We Expect From You:
- All tasks are completed on or before deadlines
- Your actions are always outcome-focused; you’re taking initiative and making things happen
- Your SOPs are always up-to-date and used regularly
- Actions are always outcome-focused, proactively taking initiative and making things happen
We’d Love You To Apply If You Are/Have:
- A desire to work with a business entirely focused on crystal therapy
- At least 1 full year experience working with online businesses/virtual teams and are comfortable working from home on your own
- Experience successfully managing projects or assisting a Project Manager highly desirable
- Familiarity with current technologies (Google Suite, Canva, Slack, Project Management Softwares, CRMs, Wordpress, Zoom)
- Experience with TeamWork or other project management software preferred but not required
- A critical thinker and are comfortable evaluating options and presenting the best path available
- Willingness to be trained in Active Campaign
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, always following through
- Paying attention: Please be sure to include ‘VA221’ in the subject of your email
- Flexible (and comfortable) in a fast-paced small biz virtual work environment
- Self-motivated and easily adaptable to changing work priorities
- Strong communicator with excellent computer skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Availability to work up to 60 hours/month with flexibility to work more when needed
- Able to work during regular business hours
- English as your first language and live and work from either US or Canada (preferably in the Eastern Time Zone)
- Have a strong internet connection and a reliable computer
- A believer in the pursuit of excellence. Not just crossing things off your list, but rising to the occasion and figuring out how to make something great
This position has high expectations. But if you’re the person we're looking for, you’re the type who gets motivated by high expectations.
Why Work With Us?
- Work with authentic, caring, and supportive people that are results-driven
- Flexible hours and no dress code - work from wherever you want!
- Be part of a successful company that values both business and people
- Be part of a business that helps people use the subtle energies of the universe to manifest the life of their dreams
Application deadline: February 15, 2021
- We’ll be reviewing applications as they come in so encourage you to apply early
This is an independent contractor role but with the view to create a long-term working relationship (based on performance & fit) and interest in having the potential to increase hours as business needs grow.
You’ll need to be regularly available across 4-5 days a week with a total of 60 hours per month and the flexibility to work additional hours during peak times of the year. Because this role is highly supportive to our entire team, we ask that you have general availability during standard working hours, though actual times are flexible and you can set your own schedule (so long as you deliver on your commitments).
We are aiming for a start date as soon as possible.
Ready To Apply?
- Email your resume and a video (2-minutes max) to [email protected]
- Answer the following questions in your video:
- In the past 1-2 years, where have you worked in a similar capacity? What were your responsibilities?
- Indicate your experience level with technology (Google Suite, Project Management softwares, Wordpress, CRMs, Zoom, etc)
- What experience do you have with project management or assisting a project manager?
- In the body of the email:
- Include your hourly rate
- Advise if you’re comfortable working with a business that is entirely focused on crystal therapy
- Reference the specific code in the subject of your email
Please note: we will not be reviewing/considering incomplete applications or applications that are submitted in any other form than via this direct email.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will not be able to respond individually to all applicants – only to those who are short-listed. We appreciate your interest and look forward to reviewing your application!
Apply for this role