Posted Feb 22
UX Designer for Complex Events Platform
Mas & Pas Limited
About the role
We're searching for an experienced, self-motivated and research-based UX designer to join our small team on a part-time or freelance basis.
Work would include a redesign of the community spaces to include new functionality. It would also involve creating new designs for a complex local events platform's registration process.
- 5+ years UX design experience.
- Familiar with a number of UX Design theories and well-versed in best-practises of UX Design.
- Knowledge of cognitive psychology in relation to UX design and minimising the cognitive load.
- Previous experience in designing multi-functional mobile applications or complex web apps.
- Fluent or native English-speaker and able to communicate well with other team members.
- Researching user experience of the website's platforms, which include the online community chat rooms and a complex local events platform.
- Brainstorming new approaches to improve user experience at different stages of use of the platform.
- Designing new pages and user flows from scratch. Making improvements to others.
- Liaising with the product owner and developer to understand the objectives of the products and communicating where the problems lie from the user's perspective.
- Keeping the website and platforms simple to navigate and clear for users at all times.
- Creating high quality designs for desktop, mobile and iPad devices. Ideally as clickthrough prototypes.
Mas & Pas is a parenting network with community forums, a local events platform, and a large library of web content.
We are able to work remotely but we prefer a designer who is based in London or within a 4 hour time difference.
Apply for this role