Posted Oct 7
About the role
Thanks for checking out our job description for a remote UX Designer at Impala. We felt a little bit impersonal just just diving straight in with words like “revolutionising” and “disrupting”.
As such, we apologise in advance for any clichés, tropes or sudden-insecurity-driven-panic-attacks that you might find in the description below.
What is Impala?
Impala is making the process of booking hotel rooms ridiculously easy. We’re providing hotels with a powerful data distribution infrastructure that transforms the way hotel guests across the world browse, book, stay and pay. Think Twilio for Travel.
We launched our original API product in January 2019 and since then have grown at - quite frankly - a ridiculous old clip. Our technology is already installed in hundreds of hotels worldwide, on six continents and categorises more than 1 billion data points. This has allowed us to bring forward our ambition to revolutionise the hotel distribution market and help empower millions of people across the globe.
We are a growing remote-first team of exceptional people split across engineering, product and commercial who make up a thriving, active, supportive community.
Where is Impala going?
We’re supported by some of the most respected investors in the business, the early-stage backers behind Deliveroo, PillPack, SecretEscapes, Zoopla, Trivago, Monzo, Travelperk, Transferwise, Airbnb, GetYourGuide, Omio, Spotify and more!
They’re on board because of the shared opportunity we have before us - revolutionising a 1.6 trillion dollar market that’s been out-of-date for 20 years.
They also share our vision of a future in which travel is seamlessly connected and relentlessly inventive.
Our vision is that within the next two years 10% of hotel bookings worldwide will flow through Impala technology, and the product that we’re building will support the entire ecosystem of travel technology (we already have over a thousand companies signed up).
Anyone travelling anywhere will interact with products powered by Impala and to achieve this we’re growing the team extensively within the next year. Now is the most exciting time to be joining Impala as we go through a large push to grow and scale, both as a service and a community!
A brief overview of what you will be doing here:
- You’ll work with our frontend "Portals" team to ensure that our customers have the best experience when interacting with the non-API portion of our products. This will include outlining user journeys, creating wireframes and determining information hierarchies.
- You'll also work with our Hotel Onboarding Product team to ensure that we're creating onboarding tools that are extremely easy-to-use, ensuring high speed of onboarding and a low error count. This will include developing Figma/Invision prototypes and creating wireframes.
- You’ll work with our Visual Designer and Product teams to ensure that the journeys, wireframes and prototypes that you've created are turned into extremely high-quality products.
- You'll work with the CPO to ensure that the overall user journey for our platform is extremely high quality.
- You’ll liaise with other customers and stakeholders to solicit feedback on the quality of Impala’s product journeys.
You should join us if you:
- You have experience building new products from scratch rather than just optimising the journey of existing products.
- You have experience developing user journeys for B2B products.
- You're familiar with the most modern tools for design collaboration and prototyping.
- You enjoy performing user research and using the results of that to constantly improve the products we build.
- You enjoy engaging in ideation rather than just being directed.
- You live on a +/- 2 Hours timezone to London.
If your answer is ‘yes’ and you are really excited to learn more then please check out our Medium page which includes more information about who we are, what we do, what matters to us and our culture.
Want to know more about our CEO, or want a deeper understanding of our what and why? Then simply watch this video to learn more. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxBZuoxCbKM
For more information about what it's like working here, check out our Glassdoor page.
Apply for this role