Posted Mar 21
About the role
Technical Writer (Contractor)
- Req No.
Riverbed enables organizations to maximize performance and visibility for networks and applications, so they can overcome complexity and fully capitalize on their digital and cloud investments. The Riverbed Network and Application Performance Platform enables organizations to visualize, optimize, remediate and accelerate the performance of any network for any application. The platform addresses performance and visibility holistically with best-in-class WAN optimization, network performance management (NPM), application acceleration (including Office 365, SaaS, client and cloud acceleration), and enterprise-grade SD-WAN. Riverbed’s 30,000+ customers include 99% of the Fortune 100.
About this Position
Location: Remote, U.S. based
The Riverbed Technical Writing team is looking for a senior level contract technical writer to help us provide product documentation such as user’s manuals and installation and configuration guides for Riverbed’s Digital Networking products. We expect this position to last approximately 12 months.
- Write hardware and software documentation for networking products, including installation and configuration guides, command-line reference manuals, user guides, and online help.
- Work with engineers, QA, and Support to research and obtain highly technical information and incorporate it into documentation.
- Manage projects by preparing project plans and schedules, meeting assigned deliverables, closely tracking projects to identify and remove roadblocks, and escalate issues as needed.
- Follow Technical Publications department style and usage guidelines.
- Create context-sensitive online help.
- Create and update appliance illustrations using Adobe Illustrator.
The most successful candidates will possess:
- Proven ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Experience with HTML and online help systems using single sourcing.
- Experience in documenting networking, cloud, and virtualization products.
- Knowledge of LINUX based systems.
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Subversion or GIT.
- Experience with product development software for Agile environments.
- Experience updating appliance illustrations using Adobe Illustrator.
- Prefer experience creating 3D appliance illustrations from stp files using SolidWorks or other 3D CAD design software.
- Experience documenting CLIs.
- Ability to research and analyze complex technical information using multiple resources such as Confluence, Jira, and AHa!.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to project multiple projects with short release cycles.
- Ability to communicate and work with diverse staff.
- Ability to identify and communicate risks before they affect project deadlines or deliverable quality.
- Writing samples demonstrating a clear and effective style, relative to networking software.
- Familiarity with FrameMaker and WebWorks ePublisher.
- Experience with Confluence and Jira.
- Experience creating appliance illustrations using Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with HTML.
- Experience with online help projects using single sourcing.
- Substantial experience writing for technical audiences.
- Five years’ experience as a technical writer.
Riverbed offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry, delivering exceptional network performance and visibility for any application. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Riverbed is an equal employment opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or child birth (including breast feeding), sexual orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other basis protected by and in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Apply for this role