Posted Mar 29
Tech & Cybersecurity writer (with long-term opportunities)
Internet Privacy Initiative BV
About the role
My name is David and I founded a tech website called VPNOverview.com. We write about VPN software, but also about password managers, antivirus, online privacy, cybersecurity, geopolitics, streaming, downloading, and online freedom in a broader sense. We’re active in 10 languages, so we’re striving for quite an international reach.
What are we looking for?
Currently, we are looking for one or two experienced English content writers. It’s a remote freelance writing job, but if there is a good fit, I would like to work with you long-term; there’s plenty to write about!
Ideally, you are available between 24 and 40 hours per week. I’m looking for a writer that meets the following criteria:
- Experienced tech writer with native or near-native written English proficiency level.
- An investigative approach and impeccable writing skills.
- Familiar with working in WordPress.
- Knowledgeable in SEO (e.g., able to do keyword research, work with tools like SurferSEO etc.).
- Not afraid of applying (or learning about) some really basic HTML.
- Able to work autonomously.
- A hard worker with a drive to excel and be the best.
- Someone who can handle deadlines and does not fear a challenging workload.
- Writing new articles on various topics related to VPN, web safety, online privacy, and internet freedom.
- Updating and improving existing articles that have already been published on the website.
- Occasionally testing certain software, such as VPNs or a password manager, and writing a review about it.
- Checking and editing articles written by colleagues before they are published.
We will give you topic suggestions. Based on these topics, you are able to do the necessary research, examine the articles that currently rank well in the SERPs, make a plan and structure, and then write an article that exceeds all existing articles in the SERPs in terms of quality, accessibility, and depth.
What you can expect from us?
I don’t believe in paying per word, because word count oftentimes does not reflect the complexity and effort that goes into an article. I’m looking for someone who likes to work hard and wants to excel and build an awesome site with us. Remuneration indication: 1,800 USD per month based on a full-time engagement, but keep in mind that I’m open to discussing a different salary based on your skills and competencies.
We have a small team in The Netherlands, and also some team members spread across the world. In case of a fruitful collaboration, we can also explore other contract forms.
How to apply
You can apply via problogger. We need the following info from you when you apply:
- A cover letter on why you would like to work with us and on why you are the right person for the job
- Writing examples/portfolio
- Your resume and contact info
Looking forward to hear from you!
Apply for this role