Posted Oct 1
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer at Malwarebytes
Sales & Marketing
About the role
Malwarebytes is the next-gen cybersecurity company that millions worldwide trust. Malwarebytes proactively protects people and businesses against dangerous threats such as malware, ransomware, and exploits that escape detection by traditional antivirus solutions. The company’s flagship product combines advanced heuristic threat detection with signatureless technologies to detect and stop a cyberattack before damage occurs. More than 10,000 businesses worldwide use, trust, and recommend Malwarebytes. Founded in 2008, the company is headquartered in California, with offices in Europe and Asia, and a global team of threat researchers and security experts.
We’ve created a fantastic culture that our employees love and were recently named in the top 10 of Fortune Magazine’s Great Place to Work list. We’re growing fast and are looking for some great people to join us.
Who We Need:
Our Marketing team is currently looking for a Senior Technical Marketing Engineer whose charter will be to track changes in the competitive landscape and maintain updated competitive analysis of both key and emerging competitors. In this role, you will be in charge of working with competitive product management on extracting competitive lab hands-on research for the development of assets including battlecards, sales training and other GTM assets. Your analysis and honest feedback of Malwarebytes and competing solutions will be used strategically across the company. Your insights will be crucial to Malwarebytes as we ensure that we’re delivering the most innovative and effective security available for our customers around the globe. This role is fully remote.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver on a competitive intelligence program that includes research, product go-to-market and strategy competitive analysis.
- Activate competitive analysis through sales enablement, product launch and marketing program activity.
- Support Product Marketing Manager, and lead GTM Strategy development activities including campaign strategy development, quarterly campaign oversight and analyst assessments.
- Work with appropriate technical resources (Sales Engineers, Product Managers, and Engineering) to develop, record, and train on storyline-based demos that convey Malwarebytes’ product differentiation.
- Work with appropriate technical resources to build and deliver best practices and reference architectures supporting Malwarebytes solution implementation; work with Product Marketing Manager to convert technical documents into marketable assets.
- Provide technical product content to stakeholders for the development of white papers, solution briefs, battle cards, sales tools, videos, and presentations.
- Be the trusted SME on competing security solutions providing training and education to internal stakeholder on an ad hoc basis (for example, Sales Kick-Off, webinars, etc.).
- Inform GTM Program strategy development, defining market trends.
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- 5 years in a customer-facing technical marketing, sales engineering, security consulting, or IT desktop management role.
- Strong understanding of the security industry (particularly the endpoint security domain) is a must.
- Experience with endpoint security technologies.
- Experience in deploying and configuring security software is a must.
- Ability to conceive and develop a process for testing advanced threats will be highly valued.
- Experience working with IT tools and technologies at a large to enterprise-size organization is preferred.
- Experience creating technical collateral and sales tools is preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be extremely well-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to track multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, flexible, and energetic.
Nice Skills to Have:
- Experience building, maintaining and managing product demonstration environments.
- Hypothesis-driven testing, using data to drive insights and recommendations we can test and optimize.
- Experience with breach attack simulation platforms.
- Copywriting and/or excellent editing skills.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth and development
- A company that enjoys having fun; holiday and summer parties, sporting events and lots of other great stuff
- Flexibility to work from home as required, and throughout the rest of 2020
Apply for this role