Posted Jun 22
Senior Rubyon Rails Developer
About the role
Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Where You’ll Work
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in the world’s most talented software engineers.
What You’ll Do
- Use your knowledge in your core technology to delight our clients around the world.
- Be responsible for the coding standards, conduct and deliverables of your fast-paced, distributed, teams, by proactively communicating and prioritizing effectively.
- Design, scope, and implement technical solutions that scale across multiple web applications
- Collaboratively define and prioritize projects and tasks
- Drive thoughtful conversations around technical issues and opportunities
- Review code and provide thoughtful, constructive feedback for your team and the community
- Triage, reproduce, and debug technical support requests, bugs, and feature requests reported by users in our Issues on our website.
- Provide compassionate technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
- Strong written communication skills
- High degree of empathy
- 5+ years experience as a full-time professional coder using Ruby on Rails.
- Experience team leading/management.
- Experience working asynchronously on a remote, distributed team (does not have to be professional experience – preferable)
- Ability to draw on both system design and software engineering concepts and blend those perspectives pragmatically based on project needs
- Experience building highly available services at scale
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
Apply for this role