Posted Dec 25
Senior React Developer (Contract)
About the role
Who We Are
DockYard is hiring a Senior React Developer (Contract). We are a 100% remote digital product consultancy. Our in-house team of product strategists, product designers, and software engineers specialize in delivering web applications with a user-driven approach and mindset. We also provide expert React staff augmentation and consulting to help clients build fast, scalable, and reliable products and services.
What We Do
We help ambitious companies transform new ideas into fully deployed web applications. Our clients range from seed funded and early stage startups, who depend on us to define and deliver business-critical workflows, to established enterprise companies seeking fresh perspective and deep expertise on new projects.
The ideal candidate is a champion for diversity and inclusion, is self-driven, team-oriented, passionate about web technologies and industry best practices, and has experience designing complex frontend architectures using React.js.
- Work independently or with other engineers to develop user experience-focused web applications, or provide support for existing systems.
- Collaborate with designers, HTML & CSS specialists, other engineers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product.
- Capable of acting as technical lead on projects, setting direction and coordinating tasks among team members.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Tier 2 support of production applications may be required on some projects.
- Some travel may be required.
- Experience architecting complex frontends with React.js.
- Understanding of atomic design and design-driven development with Storybook.
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools, like Webpack.
- Strives to deliver performant and scalable software that adheres to Engineering best practices, testing, and code quality standards.
- Experience with PWAs (progressive web applications), React Hooks, and data best practices.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Nice To Haves
- Previous remote working experience
- Prior client services, consulting, or freelancing experience
- Experience working with external APIs and microservices
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Apply for this role