Posted Jul 31
Quality Assurance Data Entry
About the role
QA Data Entry Contractor
What We Do
Outlier.org (from the co-founder of MasterClass) is reimagining higher education as a resource that is accessible, equitable, and affordable for everyone. We have developed the world’s best online, for-credit university-level courses, taught by some of the most celebrated educators in the world. Our courses employ cinematic content powered by cutting-edge cognitive science to create an immersive, student-friendly learning experience that delivers game-changing student success levels. We are a quickly-growing team working on a dual mission: Increase access to quality college education and dramatically reduce student debt.
Who We Are
Outliers are kind, curious, competent, creative, and resourceful. We are a passionate multidisciplinary team working to increase access to quality education for everyone. We believe in using the scientific method and evidence-based conclusions. We respect intuition and art. We give credit where credit is due. We hold one another to high standards. We value constructive feedback. We love to try new things. We take our work seriously, not ourselves. We work hard and go above-and-beyond to ensure great student outcomes and we strongly believe in taking care of ourselves and making sure we stay healthy to continue to pursue our mission as best we can.
Are you an Outlier?
We are looking for a passionate Data/QA Entry Contractor. You will be responsible for implementing data review procedures and making recommendations to ensure that Outlier enrollment and course data and systems are current, compliant, complete, and accurate. You should love crunching numbers and turning data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions.
We are expanding quickly so our ideal candidate will master the weekly and monthly reporting and will then be able to work with technical teams to automate the metrics that drive success at Outlier.
This is a remote, contract position with an initial 6-month contract and potential for a longer-term position.
What You’ll Do
- Data entry for key student and purchase data for the Analytics team
- Ensure appropriate data compliance in accordance with federal, state, and authorizing body rules and guidelines
- Assist with analytics projects by compiling, cleaning, and standardizing data
- Compare csv and Microsoft excel files to our student database
- Find and fill missing data points
- Review work for accuracy
- Filter and clean data by comparing reports and performance indicators
Who You Are
- Basic Microsoft Excel and CSV knowledge
- Confidentiality work with student data in accordance to FERPA guidelines
- Quickly identify mistakes, logical disconnects, short-sightedness in planning
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self- Starter: independently manages deadlines and projects
- Ability to sort and enter significant amounts of information with exceptional attention to detail. A consummate t-crosser and i-dotter.
- Experience with databases or data entry (using Excel, Microsoft Access, Airtable, or similar), auditing experience is a plus
- Experience working with student data in an educational setting is a plus
- Airtable and SQL experience is a plus
Please note: Outlier.org hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans, among others—we welcome and encourage all applicants. One of Outlier.org’s goals is for our team and culture to reflect the diverse student populations we serve. We remain committed to recognizing the best talent wherever it may be.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Outlier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, layoff, termination, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, and benefits.
Apply for this role