Posted Jun 30
Motion Designer,Animator Design Education
About the role
Freelance Motion Designer/Animator – Design Education
- REMOTE /
- DESIGN – BRAND DESIGN /
At Canva we’re making design simple and accessible to everyone, empowering people all over the world with a design tool – and the design skills – to help them reach their goals.
Canva Design School offers free design courses, featuring some of the world’s leading experts in their respective fields. Our vision for Design School is to become the best place in the world to learn design, and to offer the best online learning experience possible.
Our Design School team has a wide range of all-round skills. They’re designers, teachers, facilitators, creatives and doers. They facilitate in-person and in-product learning and continuously grow their skills and our courses along with our product and content library.
Above all else, Design School aims to make the complex simple, taking big broad topics and
Take a look at our current design school: https://designschool.canva.com/
What you’ll do…
- Look after the motion design production for on-brand internal and external content videos (event videos, video templates, hype reels, and social media motion deliverables) for our Design Education department. https://designschool.canva.com/
- Produce high-quality and on-brand motion design materials for all internal and external projects
- Contribute to the creative and art direction of the motion design projects to ensure cohesion across all creative channels, and alignment with our global brand.
- Direct motion design improvements and establish the quality bar high for the team.
- Help contribute/update guidelines, playbooks and other on-brand materials for various teams’ initiatives and campaigns
- Collaborate with the Design Education department to produce video related projects, from brainstorming, research, pre-production to post production. Work closely with brand designers, motion designs, and copywriters.
- An understanding and ability to work with layout, colour, typography, and imagery.
We’d love it if you have…
- Experience as a Motion Designer creating a diverse range of video and animated assets, content creation, and video editing
- Strong understanding of the motion design process in a creative environment or workflow.
- A strong portfolio or reel demonstrating your passion for motion design or animation.
- Proactively engages in team initiatives and can work with very minimal supervision and offer suggestions to streamline and improve processes.
- Efficiently communicates and articulates ideas
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
Competencies for success
- We shortlist by reviewing not just your CV but more importantly, your portfolio. Quality over quantity matters more to us – so bring out your best motion design works!
- You work well under pressure. You can work with tight requirements and work around tight deadlines
- While we won’t be taking any blood samples, we’d love to see some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes – ya gotta have hustle!
Apply for this role