Posted Jul 31
Long Form Content Writer For Gardening Website
Confidential Gardening Website
About the role
Are you passionate about gardening and good at writing? Do you have a background in plant biology, horticulture, agriculture, organing gardening, or hobby gardening?
If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Our site educates our audience about all things gardening. This includes different types of plant species, plant comparisons, gardening guides, and gardening product reviews.
We need EXPERIENCED gardeners, preferably those with a background in plant biology or horticulture, but also in hobby farming/gardening.
We are looking for writers that can write the following:
- "Best of" guides that compare gardening products, including shovels, plant containers, etc.
- Informational "how to plant" articles.
- Plant, Flower, and Tree comparison articles.
- Plant, Flower, and Tree informational articles.
- Organic gardening tips and tricks.
- Weed prevention and management for gardens.
You must have the following:
- Passion for gardening with background knowledge.
- Experience or a degree in agriculture, horticulture, plant biology is preferred.
- Organized and timely to respond
- Can format and upload to WordPress with proper headings (H1/H2/H3/H4)
Our average article length is 2,000 words, and we are looking for at least two writers that will be able to contribute at least 2 articles per week of 2,000 plus words. Some of our bigger content pieces will be 4,000 to 6,000 words. These will be assigned to our top-tier writers.
The first articles will be a trial, and we are hoping to find 1-2 writers for full-time work of 30-50k words per month. We are open to discussing pay by hour, or by word, whichever is preferred for our ideal candidates.
When writing for our site, you'll get your own author bio with picture, and link to your own social sites or website.
We are looking for LONG-term writers, so please do not consider this opportunity for yourself if you do not want a longer term contract.
This is a remote working position, with flexible deadlines (to an extent) as long as the quality of work is good.
Please complete the entire Google Form Application to be considered for the role.
At this time we are only accepting applications from native English speakers located in the United States. If English is not your second language, please do not apply.
**Please ensure you submit a copy of your published work to be considered. If you do not submit samples of your work, you will not be considered for the role.
Please apply using the link provided, and make sure you include copies of published work or examples in the gardening space.
Apply for this role