Posted Aug 6
Junior Web Developer
About the role
Are you a junior developer who specializes in WordPress and has experience supporting the growing needs of an online business?
Do you want to join a team of heart-centric A-Players who are working on growing a leading online academy within the crystal community? If you are a full-stack developer with WordPress experience, self-motivated, insanely efficient, and can meet a deadline without batting an eyelash, this may be the best day of your life.
Hibiscus Moon is looking for an experienced and proactive Junior Web Developer to add to our growing team as an independent contractor for up to 15 hours per month with the flexibility to work additional hours during peak times of the year (up to ~25 hours/month) and have a desire to grow with the business. The perfect candidate will be well-versed in WordPress and its various extensions and plugins, experienced with WooCommerce, have worked with at least one CRM, and able to meet deadlines consistently and without issue.
The Junior Web Developer will support our lead Web Developer with maintenance, troubleshooting, and enhancements of our WordPress site, shopping cart (WooCommerce), and various plugins, themes, and APIs. You must be able to consistently and reliably meet deadlines; prior experience with Project Management platforms is highly desirable (bonus points if you’ve worked with TeamWork).
Hibiscus Moon is on a mission to instill confidence in the crystal community by teaching the science behind how and why crystals work. We have students in 53 countries with over 2400 graduates from our online academy. With a robust curriculum and programs that dive deep into the science behind the healing powers of crystals, we support and engage with our large community across various market channels, continually growing to provide an inclusive, fun, and knowledgeable platform.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Development, maintenance, troubleshooting, and enhancements of our site (WordPress), shopping cart (WooCommerce), and various plugins, themes, and APIs
- Adhere to project schedules and effectively report progress to meet challenging deadlines.
- Support our lead developer with building/managing new features, plugins, fixing issues, and constantly improving our pages.
- Lead QA — on various browsers, across PC, Mac, and mobile devices
- Attend team huddles (on Slack) ahead of product launches to confirm site is ready to go live
Who You’ll Be Working With:
- You will report to our lead Web Developer
- You will be working closely with our Tech VA and Project Manager
What We Expect From You:
- Website is operating properly with no issues or bugs, orders are processing correctly
- Pages are device-responsive
- All tasks are completed on or before deadlines
- Actions are always outcome-focused; proactively taking initiative and making things happen
- Your SOPs are always up-to-date and used regularly
We’d Love You To Apply If You Are/Have:
- A desire to work with a business entirely focused on crystal therapy
- At least 1 full year experience working with online businesses/virtual teams and are comfortable working from home on your own
- At least 3 years experience with e-commerce sites, particularly WordPress
- Experience with WooCommerce and its extensions
- Experience with CRM platforms like ActiveCampaign, SalesForce, or MailChimp
- Working knowledge and experience in effectively setting up and managing integrations with Google Analytics and Facebook Business
- Experience working on sales campaigns within various markets
- Experience with backend dev, front end dev, and UX best practices
- Experience working with Project Management platforms desirable but not required
- A critical thinker and are comfortable evaluating options and presenting the best path available
- Flexible (and comfortable) in a fast-paced small biz virtual work environment
- Self-motivated and easily adaptable to changing work priorities
- Detail-oriented: Please be sure to include JWD821 in the subject of your email
- Excellent time management skills
- Availability to work up to 15 hours/month with flexibility to work more when needed
- Able to work during regular business hours (East Coast)
- Live and work from either US or Canada
- Reliable high-speed internet
- A believer in the pursuit of excellence. Not just crossing things off your list, but rising to the occasion, be proactive and figuring out how to make something great
This position has high expectations. But if you’re the person we're looking for, you’re the type who gets motivated by high expectations.
Why Work With Us?
- Work with authentic, caring, and supportive people that are results-driven
- Flexible hours and no dress code - work from wherever you want! We’ve been a fully distributed team since our inception so we’ve worked out all the kinks of working remotely.
- Be part of a successful company that values both business and people
- Be part of a business that helps people use the subtle energies of the universe to manifest the life of their dreams
- Have access to all of our classes and content after 90-days
Application deadline: Monday, August 16, 2021
- We’ll be reviewing applications as they come in so encourage you to apply early
This is an independent contractor role but with the view to create a long-term working relationship (based on performance & fit) and interest in having the potential to increase hours as business needs grow.
You’ll need to be regularly available across 4-5 days a week with a total of 15 hours per month and the flexibility to work additional hours during peak times of the year. We ask that you have general availability during standard working hours, though actual times are flexible and you can set your own schedule (so long as you deliver on your commitments).
We are aiming for a start date as soon as possible.
Ready To Apply?
- Email your resume and a video (2-minutes max) to [email protected]
- Answer the following questions in your video:
- Tell us about a successful sales campaign you worked on. What platforms did you use? What issues did you run into and how did you overcome them?
- What is your experience level with WordPress and WooCommerce? Please advise on how many years you’ve worked with both platforms and in what capacity.
- In the body of the email:
- Include your hourly rate
- Advise if you’re comfortable working with a business that is entirely focused on crystal therapy
- Confirm that you will be able to attend our go-live team huddles ahead of launches (we usually meet at 8:30a EST on Slack on a Monday or Wednesday; notice is provided months in advance).
- Reference the specific code in the subject of your email
Please note: we will not be reviewing/considering incomplete applications or applications that are submitted in any other form than via this direct email.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will not be able to respond individually to all applicants – only to those who are short-listed. We appreciate your interest and look forward to reviewing your application!
Apply for this role