Posted Oct 15
Freelance Writers Wanted: Hourly Pay, 30 hours Minimum Per Week
Precision Content LLC
About the role
We have multiple part-time openings on our team for native English-speaking writers willing to work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
We have already hired 7 bloggers in October from Problogger and expect to hire 10 more this month.
These ten writers, for the next three months, will primarily work on guides and product reviews of guns, BBQ grills, home security, HVAC systems, and more.
In addition, we need assistance with our general legal content and work for CBD clients.
We are a small, rapidly growing business. Our writers and editors live all over the world.
These positions are virtual. You can live anywhere as long as you are online during our core hours.
We pay by the hour, based on a 25-30 hour workweek. Writers must agree to a set period to work online for 5-6 hours each day, usually Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9 AM and 6 PM EST.
There are plenty of opportunities to work extra hours at night or on weekends if you choose to do so.
We start all writers at $10/hour or $1000-1200/month based on a 25-30 hour week. Pay raises depend on demonstrated skills.
After two weeks or less, depending on how fast you adapt to our system and the quality and pace demonstrated, you move up to 30 hours a week minimum.
Many of our writers work 40 hours or more.
We hire management and editor positions from within. All writers are eligible to apply for these positions.
We use Monday.com, Google Drive, and Slack.
We pay monthly through PayPal or Xoom.
REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES
- We strongly prefer candidates who grew up and attended college and secondary schools in the U.S./UK/AUS/Canada/Ireland/New Zealand.
- You must have at least one year's experience.
- We prefer candidates with at least an undergraduate degree but will consider strong writers without degrees or in the process of matriculating.
We offer selected candidates a paid test piece, approximately 750-1000 words minimum, paying between $12 and $15.
If the writing meets our requirements, we will offer you an hourly position.
If you are interested in writing a paid test piece, please email: [email protected]
Your email should include three things:
- A copy of your resume.
- A note telling us something about yourself and your interests not included in your CV. In the note, you must acknowledge that you have read and accept the starting rate and the core hours during which you must be available.
- A sample of your writing or a link to something you have written (preferably non-academic).
NOTE: Due to the volume of applicants, we cannot respond to every writer who applies.
You can assume that if we are interested, you will receive a reply from us within two weeks of applying.
Apply for this role