Posted Mar 21
About the role
This position can work 100% from home anywhere across the US. Reliable internet and ability to work from a quiet environment is a must.
- Review reports containing medical adverse events and applies MedDRA codes to classify the event.
- Performs clinical data coding for information contained in the adverse event description, lab test, and medical conditions within the coding tool using MedDRA terms
- Ensures that the selected codes accurately reflect the term as provided by the reporter at the Low Level Term (LLT).
- Contribute to the development of training manuals, coding guides and SOPs
- Train other team members in MedDRA coding practices and assist other team members resolve complex issues, provide feedback to help improve quality of coding data
- Participates in quality control processes and auditing procedures
- Collaborate with other units to provide support for daily operations
- HS Diploma required
- 1+ years medical coding or mapping experience required
- Experience with MedDRA or other biomedical/health terminologies such as ICD-10 or CPT required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to work from a quiet environment with a strong internet connection is required
- Availability to work any 8-hour shift from 8 am – 8pm EST
- Associate Degree in Medical Coding OR Bachelor’s in a Healthcare related field preferred
- MedDRA Coder Certification
- Case management experience
- Nosology coding experience
- Previous experience working from home is strongly preferred
Apply for this role