Posted Mar 10
Customer Support Specialist - Eastern Europe
About the role
Hi, thanks for reading about our Customer Support Specialist (Eastern Europe) opportunity! We're glad you're here.
We're Knack, a code-free platform used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest companies — to easily build custom apps, workflows, and databases.
Our Customer Success team is about much more than just responding to customer issues. As a Customer Support Specialist, you are in the best position to understand how our customers find value, how they use our product, and where they struggle.
A big part of this role is to make that knowledge count by helping us figure out how we can make our product and the customer's experience with Knack even better.
We’re looking for an empathetic and patient person that enjoys solving tricky customer problems while looking for ways to improve customer experience in the long-run.
Knack is a 100% remote company, with a flat, consensus-driven culture. That means a huge amount of autonomy and ownership to define your work and the opportunity to have a major impact.
We also emphasize the journey over the destination. We're looking for applicants that are opinionated about what matters to them, and want to join a fun, passionate, close-knit team of high-quality human beings that above all enjoy working together. Hopefully, that's you!
The primary role of this position is to provide customer support coverage within the GMT+1 and GMT+2 timezones.
As we’re a US-based company looking to provide EU support, this particular contract position has additional logistical considerations.
We prefer when teammates are supporting the timezone that they live in. This means that ideally you live somewhere within the GMT+1 and GMT+2 timezones. This is a contracted worker position. This means that the specifics of this role may vary depending on where you work from. The role, and your relationship to Knack, must comply to the US's and your country's definition of what contract work entails.
Please only apply if you are willing and able to adhere to your country of residence's contract worker obligations.
Role & Responsibilities
Here’s what you’ll be doing as a Customer Support Specialist:
- You’ll guide customers through learning to use Knack and help them to troubleshoot issues through email and our in-app messenger.
- You’ll speed up the resolution of issues by gathering information, reproducing issues, and recognizing patterns so we’re ready to tackle them as soon as we’re online.
- You’ll improve our product by gathering customer feedback and, over time, recognizing patterns and areas where customers are struggling that we need to address.
- You’ll advocate for our customers and work with our product team to help them understand what changes should be prioritized.
- You’ll help improve our knowledge base and other support materials by writing, creating, and updating content, and by making suggestions for new support content.
- You’ll help improve our internal support team resources, including writing canned responses, adding to our internal knowledge base, and making suggestions for improving processes.
- You’ll be the face of the company. Our customers interact with our Success team more than any other team in our company. When our customers think of Knack, they will think of the experiences they have with you.
Here are some of the "must haves" to be successful in this role:
- You’re patient, empathetic, and enjoy working with customers. You don’t just want to resolve an issue. You get a kick out of making a customer’s day better and putting them at ease.
- You have at least one year of experience in a customer support role. You’ve been in the trenches and understand both the incredible value that customer support provides and the work that it takes to give customers a great experience.
- You’re comfortable working independently and finding answers without always having the option to ask someone. You’ll be the only person working in this region, so you’ll be on your own until our Western Europe Support Specialist is online.
- You enjoy solving new problems every day and won't give up if you don't find the answer right away.
- You’re always on the lookout for ways to make things better for customers and you’re willing to advocate for those changes.
- You have excellent written communication skills in English. You can break down complex topics into easy-to-follow guidance while being friendly and professional.
- You have experience with writing or creating help content (i.e. articles, videos, etc.) and understand best practices for doing so.
Here are a few other hints that you might be the person we’re looking for (you match up with a number of these):
- You have a sense of humor, a sense of humility, and take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- You have experience communicating with customers from different countries and cultures.
- You are excited about exploring growth and career opportunities within the customer success team.
- You are comfortable advocating for what you need to do your best work.
- You are excited to work in an environment that emphasizes both autonomy and accountability.
- You are totally okay with big swings, wild experiments, and learning through failure.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. Knack welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We're proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity.
How To Apply
Are you currently so excited to apply that you can barely type? Then we want to hear from you!
We review applications in batches, so don't worry if you don't hear from us right away. Qualified candidates will move on to video interviews to discuss the position in detail, meet the team, and talk through the fit. We're also big believers in paid trials whenever logistically possible.
Please note that we can currently only accept applications from those located within the GMT+1 and GMT+2 timezones.
Apply for this role