Posted Feb 17
About the role
Copy Editor – Weird History (Contract)
- Department: Publishing Operations
- Location: Remote
We are currently looking for an experienced Content Editor to help with editing several lists for our Weird History vertical on our Publishing Operations team. This is a great opportunity to edit smart, fun articles on a wide range of historical subjects every day for a leading entertainment website.
Here are a few example of the types of list you’d be editing:
- Heroic Moments From History So Savage They Sound Made Up – But Aren’t
- 18 Facts About The Dramatic Life Of Anne Boleyn
- The Actual Reasons Queen Elizabeth I Never Married
We’re looking for people who:
- Nerd out about history!
- Have a strong background in editing, preferably for digital media content
- Are comfortable taking feedback
This is a 3 month contract position, with the possibility of extension at the end of the contract. The interview process will consist of a copy editing test, a phone interview and a video interview.
The Ranker Story:
Ranker is a data-driven media company whose unique hook is, Editors Create, Users Participate. We collect over 12 million monthly user votes, which has built a treasure trove of psychographic “people who like X also like Y” first party data, while delivering a fun, engaging user experience. Ranker will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Apply for this role